Deputy Head Teacher
Dates: Apply by 9am 5th October 2023 Job start January 2024 or as soon as possible
Interviews: Thursday 19th October 2023
Salary; Leadership Scale (fringe, ISR 8-12)
Location; Caterham, Surrey
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term; Permanent
St John’s Church of England Primary School is seeking to appoint a dynamic and innovative Deputy Head Teacher. This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious, committed and vibrant leadership team.
The ideal candidate will be someone currently in the deputy role looking for new challenge, or a highly skilled, exemplary teacher with experience at senior management level.
As a key member of our Leadership team you would be involved in managing the school on a day to day basis and be expected to take the lead in key aspects of strategic school development and the raising of standards. The successful candidate should be prepared to lead on such areas as curriculum development, monitoring of standards and teacher effectiveness, tracking and analysis of results/data, behaviour management, external relations and community links, staff development, training and induction.
We are looking to appoint someone who:
- is an outstanding classroom practitioner who can inspire, challenge, support and empower others to drive our school forward.
- can demonstrate excellent organisational and inter-personal skills
- has clear vision, energy and commitment to all aspects of school life
- has a desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our children
- a keen desire to support the aims and Christian ethos of this church school
We can offer you:
- enthusiastic, friendly children who are eager to learn and a joy to be with
- the opportunity to work in strategic partnership with the Headteacher and Leadership Team
- a supportive and committed Governing Body
- opportunities to further relationships and work with our local parish church and the wider community
- support and encouragement for continuous professional development
Visits to the school are greatly encouraged. Application forms and further details are available via email, or from the school’s website.
St John’s is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our children. All appointments will be subject to full DBS disclosure and satisfactory references prior to appointment.
|Letter to Applicants||Person Specification||Job Description||Application Form||Privacy Notice|
We are keen to build up a bank of people who can provide cover when the school faces staff shortages due to sickness and training. We are particularly keen to build up a pool of staff to cover our Breakfast Club, After School Club and during lunch breaks.
The hours are as follows:
- Breakfast Club: 7.05 a.m. – 9.00 a.m.
- Lunch: 11.50 a.m. – 1.05 p.m.
- After School Club: 2.45 p.m. to 6.15p.m.
We offer a competitive salary with a full induction to ensure that all our staff, regardless of how many hours they work, are all given the same excellent training.
How to Apply:
St John's C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications